This gorgeous and delicious recipe looks and tastes gourmet, but it’s super simple to make! Every bite of tender chicken is filled with rich and creamy goat cheese, and the sweet tang of red pepper jelly. Beautiful enough for a special occasion, and simple enough to make anytime, this recipe is sure to become a go-to recipe at your home.
Yield: 2 stuffed breasts
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- This recipe can easily be doubled to serve 4 people.
- Try switching up the pepper jelly for a sweet blueberry or blackberry jam.
- If you don’t have an oven-safe frying pan, transfer browned chicken breast to a parchment lined baking sheet to cook in oven.
- 2 Sargent Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 g) ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red pepper jelly
- ½ cup (12 g) arugula, chopped
- 3 tbsp (28 g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place Sargent Farms chicken breast on a cutting board. Using a sharp paring knife slice a pocket into each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way through the breast.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, including the inside of pocket.
- Evenly spread the jelly into each pocket, followed by half of the chopped arugula and goat cheese.
- Heat oil in an oven-safe frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully add chicken to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, flip chicken and transfer to preheated oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Serve chicken with rice or roasted potatoes, and your vegetable of choice.