East meets West with these delicious wings – Canadian maple syrup is the perfect counterpart to Asian sriracha sauce. This easy recipe makes enough wings to feed a family – or a small group of really hungry people! Everyone will love the sweet and spicy sauce, and the refreshing herb dip completes the experience. Enjoy a wing night at home tonight!
Yield: 2 ¼ kg / 5 lbs chicken wings (about 50 pieces)
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Baking wings on a wire rack allows the heat to circulate underneath them, helping to keep the skin crispy on all sides. If you do not have a wire rack, they can be placed directly on the foil-lined baking sheet. The wings will be slightly less crispy, but delicious nonetheless!
For the wings:
- 2.25 kg / 5 lbs Sargent Farms split wings (medium)
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 g / 2 tsp salt
- 6 g / 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 138 g / ½ cup sriracha hot sauce
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 57 g / ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 g / 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 g / ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
For the herb dip:
- 123 g / ½ plain yogurt
- 77 g / ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 25 g / ¾ cup finely chopped parsley
- 40 g / ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 g / ¾ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminium foil. Set a wire rack on each lined baking sheet. Place oven racks in the middle of oven.
Press wings dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Lay wings on the wire racks, positioning them so they are not touching one another.
Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
Rotate each baking sheet 180 degrees. If the baking sheets are on two different levels in the oven, swap which level they are on as well. Bake another 25 minutes.
While wings are baking, place the sriracha, maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, ginger and cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 15 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot periodically to prevent any sticking. Remove from heat and set aside.
When wings are done, transfer to a large bowl. Pour the sriracha maple sauce over top and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with herb dip on the side.
- For the herb dip:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Cover and chill until serving.