Recipe and Photo By Nancy Ren
- Sargent Farms Chicken Boneless Breast (Medium), 1 pound
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1 Cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Onion Powder
- Green and Red lettuce
- Corn Kernels
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/tsp Sugar
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken breast into small bite sized chunks and marinade in the buttermilk, 1tsp salt, 1/2tsp black pepper for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge.
- Combine the flour, 2tsp salt, 1/2tsp black pepper, paprika, baking powder, garlic powder and onion powder in a bowl.
- Dip and coat the chicken in the batter and then fry for 4 to 5 mins or until golden brown, in oil heated to about 350F (175C).
- Put the chicken on a wire rack and paper towel and allow to cool down.
- Wash and cut lettuce, avocado, and tomatoes, add in the corn kernels and croutons.
- Mix all dressing ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Combine the popcorn chicken with the rest of the salad and serve.