One Skillet Ground Chicken Breast
When all you want is breakfast food (even if it’s dinnertime!), this hearty recipe will satisfy the craving. Tender potatoes mixed with ground chicken give this meal its substance, and a handful of red pepper plus a splash of lime keep it tasting fresh. And of course we’ve spiced it right with jalapeño, garlic, and cajun spice to wake up your tastebuds! One skillet, one awesome meal – what could be easier?
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serve with poached or fried eggs.
- For a less spicy version, remove seeds from jalapeño.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (454 g) Sargent Farms Ground Chicken
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) yellow potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup (140 g) diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (8g) cajun spice blend
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, cook while breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon until cooked to an internal temperature of 175°F (80°C). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add remaining oil. Add potatoes, stirring to coat in oil. Cook potatoes, stirring often until golden and fork tender; about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Increase temperature to high and stir in onion and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet along with jalapeño, garlic, and cajun seasoning. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and evenly heated through.
- Divide between plates, garnish with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.