Jerk Chicken Pasta
Not only is pasta a great way to get kids to eat chicken and vegetables, it’s also a budget-friendly but filling choice for hearty appetites.
Make this jerk chicken pasta dish with the roasted chicken recipe found here
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- For more heat leave the seeds in the jalapeño
- 1 (375 g) box of penne pasta
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (8 g) jerk seasoning
- 1 portion of cooked and shredded chicken
- ¾ cup (180 ml) heavy cream
- ½ cup (9 g) chopped cilantro
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta and cook for 10 – 12 minutes. Strain pasta reserving ¼ cup (60 ml) cooking liquid. Transfer cooked pasta to a large bowl and toss with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of olive oil, set aside until needed.
- In a large high sided pan, or a large pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in sliced red onions and peppers, cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender crisp. Stir in jalapeno, garlic, jerk seasoning and chicken, cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in cream, reserved cooking liquid, and cooked penne. Cook, stirring occasionally until pasta is heated through and sauce is slightly thickened; about 3-4 minutes. Stir in cilantro and serve.