- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup julienned green onions
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 3 minutes; drain. Add the mushrooms, water chestnuts, and ginger; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink. Drain and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and remaining oil. Stir in the carrots, onions and chicken mixture.
Spoon onto lettuce leaves; sprinkle with almonds. If desired, fold sides of lettuce over filling and roll up.
Yield: 6 servings.