This succulent chicken is smothered in a delicious creamy sauce and makes a satisfying one-pot weeknight dinner that will be at the table in under half an hour. The Sargent Farms Chicken boneless chicken legs add a real depth of flavour and juiciness, and the leek and mushroom combination is so tasty that it is bound to impress. Serve it with pasta or rice for a comforting family meal.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- You may substitute Sargent Farms boneless chicken legs with Sargent Farms boneless thighs and the chives with other fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, or tarragon.
- Any leftovers may be frozen or will keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 lb/450g Sargent Farms boneless chicken legs
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups (about 10oz/340g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard (optional)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the butter and Sargent Farms boneless chicken legs, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook, turning often, until golden, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add leeks to the skillet and sauté over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened; add the garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, pour enough chicken stock to cover it, and reduce the heat to medium-low; cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Stir in the heavy cream, mustard, cream cheese (if using), and parmesan cheese, bring to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has reached the desired consistency. If too thick, add a little chicken stock. Adjust the seasoning to taste and stir in the chives.