Sweet and Spicy Chicken Stir-fry
Having a stir-fry is a great way to get more vegetables into your life with minimal effort. Made with our kid-friendly Chicken Tenders and an incredible sauce that’s sticky-sweet with perfect heat, this is a dish the whole family will go crazy for! Bring your rice or noodles to life tonight and banish boring from your dining room.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- Roughly chopped cashews or almonds can be used in place of the peanuts or walnuts.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles.
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp (53 g) cornstarch, divided
- ¼ cup (36 g) toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 1½ tsp (9 g) salt, divided
- 1 tsp (2 g) black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 to 13 pcs (500 g) Sargent Farms Chicken Tenders, cut into 2½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (90 ml) vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups (178 g) snap peas
- 1 cup (148 g) whole baby carrots
- 1 cup (79 g) broccoli florets
- ½ cup (70 g) sliced onion (1½- inch strips)
- ½ cup (67 g) sliced red bell pepper (1½-inch strips)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (6 g) fresh minced ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (14 g) brown sugar
- 2 tsp (2 pcs) cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sesame oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp (4 g) red chili flakes
- ¼ cup (39 g) peanuts or walnut pieces
- In a bowl, whisk together the ⅓ cup (45 g) cornstarch, 2 tablespoons (18 grams) of the sesame seeds, 1 tsp (6 g) salt, and black pepper. Add the Sargent Farms Chicken Tenders. Toss gently to ensure the chicken is evenly coated with the mixture.
- Heat ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil in a large skillet. Once oil is hot, add the chicken tenders. Keep mixing the chicken around until all sides are golden in colour; about 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a dish. Set aside.
- In the same pan on medium to medium-high heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of vegetable oil. Once heated, add the snap peas, baby carrots, broccoli florets, onion slices, and sliced red bell pepper to the pan. Saute until onions are translucent; 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce with the remaining cornstarch until smooth. Add in the soy mixture, minced ginger, honey, brown sugar, and garlic to the vegetables. Saute until garlic is fragrant and the sauce is slightly thickened. Add the cooked chicken to the mixture, keep mixing until chicken is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Stir in the sesame oil, sriracha sauce, and red chili flakes. Once everything is combined, add in the nuts and remaining sesame seeds. Saute until everything is evenly coated. Serve immediately.