Sriracha Maple Chicken Wings
East meets West with these delicious wings – Canadian maple syrup is the perfect counterpart to Asian sriracha sauce. This easy recipe makes enough wings to feed a family – or a small group of really hungry people! Everyone will love the sweet and spicy sauce, and the refreshing herb dip completes the experience. Enjoy a wing night at home tonight!
Yield: 2 ¼ kg / 5 lbs chicken wings (about 50 pieces)
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Baking wings on a wire rack allows the heat to circulate underneath them, helping to keep the skin crispy on all sides. If you do not have a wire rack, they can be placed directly on the foil-lined baking sheet. The wings will be slightly less crispy, but delicious nonetheless!
For the wings:
- 2.25 kg / 5 lbs Sargent Farms split wings (medium)
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp olive oil
- 12 g / 2 tsp salt
- 6 g / 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 138 g / ½ cup sriracha hot sauce
- 120 ml / ½ cup maple syrup
- 57 g / ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 g / 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 g / ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
For the herb dip:
- 123 g / ½ plain yogurt
- 77 g / ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 25 g / ¾ cup finely chopped parsley
- 40 g / ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 g / ¾ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with aluminium foil. Set a wire rack on each lined baking sheet. Place oven racks in the middle of oven.
- Press wings dry with paper towels and place in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Lay wings on the wire racks, positioning them so they are not touching one another.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
- Rotate each baking sheet 180 degrees. If the baking sheets are on two different levels in the oven, swap which level they are on as well. Bake another 25 minutes.
- While wings are baking, place the sriracha, maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, ginger and cayenne pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 15 minutes, scraping the bottom of the pot periodically to prevent any sticking. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When wings are done, transfer to a large bowl. Pour the sriracha maple sauce over top and gently toss to coat.
- Serve immediately with herb dip on the side.
- For the herb dip:
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. Cover and chill until serving.