Spicy Creamy Chicken Dip
We’ve created the ultimate dip experience: thick enough to stick to your chips or veg, and zesty enough to keep everyone coming back for more. Whether the party is at home, the office, or at a friend or family member’s place, this irresistible dip will be the go-to snack – until it’s gone!
Yield: approximately 4½ cups
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Leftover roasted chicken, for example from the recipe “1 Roasted Chicken, 3 Meals”, can be used in the recipe in place of the Sargent Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- Add an extra tablespoon (15 ml) of sriracha or hot sauce for extra spice.
- Spicy Creamy Chicken Dip can be made the day before use. Follow the directions up to the point of spreading the chicken mixture into the baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place into the fridge until needed. Add about 5 minutes to the baking time when heating it up in the oven.
- 2 pcs (500 g) Sargent Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- 1 tsp (2 g) black pepper, preferably freshly ground
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2½ cups (625 ml) water
- 1 cup (227 g) brick-style cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- ¼ cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Sriracha sauce or other hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon or lime juice
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp (2 pcs) garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp (4 g) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (3 g) onion powder
- 1 tsp (2 g) smoked paprika
- ½ tsp (1 g) cayenne
- ¼ tsp (1 g) chili flakes
- 2 cups (226 g) grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup (19 g) green onions, finely chopped
- Pat dry the Sargent Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts and evenly season both sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a medium pot. When oil is hot, place chicken breasts into the oil. Cook until that side of the breast is golden brown in colour; about 5 minutes. Flip chicken breasts over. Cover with water, add more as needed until chicken breasts are immersed. Cover pot. Reduce heat and simmer until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165°F (74°C). Remove chicken breasts from the water and place onto a cutting board. Cool slightly. With two forks, shred chicken breasts. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
- In a large microwaveable bowl, warm the cream cheese in the microwave at 20-second intervals until soft and spreadable; do not overheat.
- Add in the sour cream, mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add in the minced garlic, ground cumin, onion powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and chili flakes. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the shredded Sargent Farms Chicken Breasts, grated mozzarella cheese, and the green onions.
- Spread mixture into a 6 cup or 1.5 quart baking dish. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- If desired, garnish dip with a sprinkling of green onions before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, crostini, crackers, pretzels, or raw vegetable sticks (bell peppers, celery, carrots, etc.)