Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry
It takes a lot of time to bring out the rich flavours of this sensational curry, and who has that? The solution? Leave the work to your slow cooker and get on with your day! The moist chicken will fall apart in your mouth, and the smooth, rich sauce will have them asking for more. Serve it over your favourite rice for a meal that’s simple yet satisfying.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4-8 hours
- For a smoother and more fluid sauce place coconut milk with onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour over chicken and remaining vegetables and cook and serve according to directions.
- Download and print a shopping list for this recipe here
- 2 lb (900 g) Sargent Farms chicken Breast, cubed
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ lb (680 g) baby potatoes, halved
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk
- 1 inch (2.5 cm) piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp (15 g) minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (18 g) curry powder
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- ½ tsp (3 g) freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp (18 g) garam masala
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped cilantro
- Cooked rice
- Place chicken, onions, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes and red pepper in the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Whisk together coconut milk, ginger, garlic, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in garam masala and cilantro. Serve over cooked rice.