1 Roasted Chicken, 3 Meals
We know it’s not easy to keep a growing family fed. But, we know this recipe will help stretch the budget, save you time, AND keep everyone happy at the dinner table! Starting with just one savoury roasted chicken recipe, we’ve come up with three incredible meals you can make: Jerk Chicken Pasta, Quick Chicken Shawarma, and Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers. It’s bon appetit times three!
For the Roasted Chicken:
Yield: 1 roast chicken
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 80-85 minutes
- 1 4 to 4½ lb (1.8-2 kg) Whole Sargent Farms Chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- ½ tsp (1 g) ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place whole Sargent Farms chicken in a roasting pan or a large ovenproof skillet. Pat chicken dry. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in preheated oven and cook for 80-85 minutes or until cooked through, basting occasionally.
- Remove from oven and allow chicken to cool. Once chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and shred chicken. Divide into 3 equal portions (approximately 8oz / 227g) and refrigerate until needed.