When all you want is breakfast food (even if it’s dinnertime!), this hearty recipe will satisfy the craving. Tender potatoes mixed with ground chicken give this meal its substance, and a handful of red pepper plus a splash of lime keep it tasting fresh. And of course we’ve spiced it right with jalapeño, garlic, and cajun spice to wake up your tastebuds! One skillet, one awesome meal – what could be easier?
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Serve with poached or fried eggs.
- For a less spicy version, remove seeds from jalapeño.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1 lb (454 g) Sargent Farms Ground Chicken
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (2 g) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb (454 g) yellow potatoes, diced into ½ inch cubes
- 1 cup (140 g) diced red onion
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (8g) cajun spice blend
- ¼ cup (10 g) chopped cilantro
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan, cook while breaking it up with the back of a wooden spoon until cooked to an internal temperature of 175°F (80°C). Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Wipe out pan and add remaining oil. Add potatoes, stirring to coat in oil. Cook potatoes, stirring often until golden and fork tender; about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Increase temperature to high and stir in onion and red pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken back to skillet along with jalapeño, garlic, and cajun seasoning. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and evenly heated through.
- Divide between plates, garnish with cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.